Saturday, July 8, 2017

Week 51 Its a Monday

June 19, 2017

Hello!!!!!

I´m so jealous that I´m not up on the Mountain at Blue Ridge, but congrats on the theme everyone!!! "beyond Blue Ridge" is SUCH a great theme.  ❤😊
BUT, This week was fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!
After the Zone Conference Sister Coutinho and I started a division with the sisters that are in Matinhos (the BEACH).  YA´LL it was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! seriously.  I got to go to the beach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so happy.  Yall can tell from how many pictures I took hehe.  We, Sister Kher and I, walked on the beach for exercise that day!  There were a ton of sand dollars!  SUPER neat :) During the division we helped out with an English School and taught people how to make cookies and brownies. It was so awesome. I got to speak in English, and eat AMERICAN food!!!!!!  

At the Zone Conference we got flu shots! woop! And now I´m sick. But I know it´s not because of the shot hahaha

Last week I said we were going to go to the center of Paranaguá, but we were lazy and didn´t end up going. Sorry no pics!

OH ALSO this is really important. At the Zone Conference we ate at a barbecue place, and I tried chicken heart!  My Mission President took a pic and posted it on the Facebook page, "Missao Brasil Curitiba Sul 2016-2019."  Someone should find it and send me a screan shot because I didn´t get to see it!

So there´s a pic of me doing a heel click-I only did that because my brother always send pics doing that 😂
Oh there was also an archery part at the English school and I tried one shot! haha  I didn´t get it in the middle, but it at least landed on the paper XD

AND well guess what! We´re going to have a baptism this week!!!!!!! Francielly ❤ She´s an adorable 15 year old girl!  I´m so excited :D We´ve been teaching her for about 2 weeks now! She´s one of those "golden investigators."  I´ll send pics next week :)

BUT so the training Sister Coutinho and I chose to give was about how to recognize the Spirit.  It went WAY better than I had hoped- we actualy spent more than an hour because so many people were participating :)

The Spirit, or the Holy Ghost, or the Holy Spirit is the 3rd member of the Godhead. His job is to help us successfully follow Christ. 

We started out by doing an activity I learned from Blue Ridge (the Continuum. thank you Character Education)

Everyone had to stand up and respond to some Q´s.  One wall represented "yes," and the other, "no."  The missionaries could stand in the room in the spot that best represented how they felt.  For example a strong yes would be up against the wall, where a weak yes would be near the middle.  

I asked these Q´s, "Is it easy to recognize the Spirit?  Is it easy to follow the Spirit?  Is it easy to trust in the Spirit?"

The purpose of this activity ws to get everyone REALLY thinking, and thinking DEEPLY.  And I´d like to challenge all of you all as well to respond to these questions, and then think about what you can do to respond with an AFFIRMATIVE "YES!!!"

I love you all and hope you have a lovely, spirit-filled week!  

xo Sister Councill











 

No comments:

Post a Comment