Saturday, July 8, 2017

Week 50 Happy Day

June 12, 2017

This week was insane!  Seriously. Our power went out 2 times.  We had to step through ankle-deep street water (Ewh SUPER gross and dangerous).

But let´s see what else? oh! On Tuesday our Zone Leaders called us saying that the church sent orders for all of the Sisters in the World to take a 7 second video with the recent-converts.  So we had to like print off these permission forms and take videos! Which was actually REALLLY fun for us, because in my mission we´re not allowed to take videos (only for that one day)!  hahaha I´m sending one with this email :)

I also attached a few pics of one of the main roads we walk on. You can imagine how it got after a full day of heavy rain. Needless to say I am so thankful that I have crocs!

Funny thing I learned this week about Brasil! So you know how in the States when two people say something at the same time, we yell "jinx knock on wood!" and run to find wood?? well here they yell, "touch green!" and run around looking for the color green! Isn´t that hilarious??? Brasilians are so funny. I love it here. 

Today my companion and I are going to go to the center of the city! I´m stoked because it´s all antique-ish. I´ll send pics next week!

Tomorrow is a Zone Conference, and my companion and I are going to give a 50 min training. Yikes!  Should be fun; prayers are welcome hahahaha

BUT so this week was one of those weeks where as a missionary the Lord put really needy people in our paths.  "needy" meaning people that have REAL problems. This week was a very humbling week that made me realize just how much the Lord has blessed me. 

I wanted to share with you a little bit about 2 people- Andressa and Jenifer. Andressa is a YW who is less active, and Jenifer is an investigator who´s 30 years old. THey both have VERY difficult family situations, and have both tried committing suicide. It is so sad.  It made me reflect on just HOW important and just HOW much influence our families have on our lives. 

The Family unit is so sacred and so special. It´s the most important unity that God created. These two women have suffered so so so much because their families don´t love them or respect them.  

In 1995 the Church released, "The Family: A Proclamation to the World."  It talks about how God loves the Family and how we can have a happy, blessed, and loving family.

Ya´ll MUST read it. 

here´s the link :)


LOVE YOU ALL! HAVE A SPLENDID WEEK 

xo Sister Councill




No comments:

Post a Comment