Saturday, July 8, 2017

Week 42 Transfers

April 17, 2017

Well, wow, I have sooo much to tell ya´ll!!!
First off, fun fact, I´m here in a mall  emailing you all!  Why is that interesting?  Because missionaries can´t enter shopping malls.. haha.. but we got permission because we´re not in our area yet, so WOOP. 
BUT GUESS WHAT.  I´m getting transferred!  Goodbye Fazenda Rio Grande and HELLO Jardim America!  My next area will be in teh city of Paranagua.. which is the BEACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Guess who is pretty stoked??? this girl.  Because it´ll be a little bit warmer there, which is fantastic because it´s going to be winter here soon, and Brasil doesn´t have internal heating ✌
Also a few weeks ago I wrote to my Mission President saying that I was feeling too comfortable in my callling and area.. and guess what?  I just got called to be a STL (Sister Training Leader) 😯 So that means that I´ll get to take care of other Sisters!  I´m excited, and this is going to be quite the adventure! 
Man.. it was pretty hard saying goobye to people in Fazenda... goodbyes are just hard any way you look at it.  I told everyone that I promise to go back and visit (when I have money 😂)!!!
I hope you all had a wonderful Easter! I dyed eggs all by myself last Pday!  Also I made Cinnamon Rolls to celebrate!  This week I also tried making applesauce (cuz Brasil doesn´t have it)  and it actually turned out pretty okay! 
Yesterday in Sunday School the message was about our Testimonies, and how our testimonies are our foundations. 
Alma 32:39 says..

"Now, this is not because the seed was not good, neither is it because the fruit thereof would not be desirable; but it is because your ground is barren, and ye will not nourish the tree, therefore ye cannot have the fruit thereof."
I love this scripture.  Because it says that we can have a knowledge of something, for example, that Christ is our Savior, but if we don´t nourish this belief, we won´t have the fruits of it.  We have to constantly nourish our beliefs. 
How do we do that??  Praying, multiple times during the day.  Reading the scriptures, EVERY day. Going to Church, every Sunday and partaking of the Sacrament. 
But I would like to pose a simple Q for you all.  What are you doing to strengthen and nourish your testimonies, and how can you be more diligent?
I know our Savior Jesus Christ lives. I know that through Him and our faith in Him, we can see miracles every single day.
I love you all and pray for your daily sucesses,

xo Sister Councill




No comments:

Post a Comment