Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Week 36 One more transfer in Fazenda

March 6, 2017

HELLO!

Well, transfers are today...but the good news is that I´m staying here in Fazenda with Sister Libanio!!! WOOHOO  I didn´t think I would leave, since I´m training, but I had my fears... I really LOVE my area right now. It´s the best area in the mission. Everyone says that.  EVERYONE.

But let´s see, I don´t have a whole ton to write this week..

Fun things that happened.. I made an apple pie!!!! Ah, it was delicious, and made me miss Thanksgiving haha.  

Oh, Happy Carnival to you all! Carnival was last weekend, and I completely forgot to say that to yall last week!  Unfortunately, or fortunately, Carnival is more of a "thing" in the northern parts of Brasil, so nothing exciting happened here in Paraná.  But that´s probably for the better!

So there´s this drink called "Cevada" here in Brasil. I had never heard of it before. Basically it´s like coffee, but not coffee. Anyways this last week I tried a sip, and it was AWFUL.  So for all of you who drink coffee,  HOW????

Also this new Cross Fit place opened up near our house, and I was really excited for about 3 days until I learned that it was 193Reis, which is like almost $60, per month, and then I got really sad because I don´t have that kind of money as a missionary 😞  It would have been SO COOL to do cross fit every morning.. but ah well. 

I think that´s about all that happened this week...

Sister Libanio and I are working HARD, and we have some pretty good investigators! We´re stoked to stick together one more transfer 😊

This week in my District Meeting, our Zone Leaders gave the training. Elder Fuzaro chose to speak about the Atonement of Christ.  (Or the suffering that Christ went through in the Garden of Gethsemane, up until the cross, and on the cross).  He said something that completely made me think. 

"We offend God every single day with things that we don´t even realize are offensive."

Okay, when he said that it took almost everything in me to not just start bursting into tears. I thought about how much I love my Heavenly Father, and HOW much I want to make Him proud of me.  The thought that I everysingle day do things to offend him, just made me so sad.  And then I thought about how grateful I am for the Atonement of Christ. I thought about how because of Jesus Christ, I can repent every single day of the "offensive" things that I do. 

I know that God is our loving Heavenly Father.  I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior.  Through Jesus Christ we can one day return and live with our Heavenly Father.  It´s ONLY because of Christ.  There´s no other way. Literally no other way.  And I am so thankful for Him.

This week think a little bit more about how Christ is your Savior, and I promise that this week will be one of your best,

xo Sister Councill

No comments:

Post a Comment