Sunday, February 19, 2017

Week 33 oi de Brasil :)

February 13, 2017

Hello yall!

I love being a missionary 😍

This week was a roller coaster! We had SUPER GOOD DAYS, and then the opposite.  But I´m happy! 

This week I got to do something that I´ve been DYING to do since I got here in Brasil!  My Mission President finally allowed us to!  There´s a picture here of me with a cup and a weird straw thing.. it´s called chimarâo! It´s a type of tea! Pretty cool stuff.  100% certain I am going to buy a whole bunch to take with me when I return to the good 'ole USA.

What else happened this week.. my companion and I saw a TON of miracles. There was one day that was literally like the best day ever.  WE FOUND A GOLDEN INVESTIGATOR AND HER NAME IS TACIANI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

One day we had 3 investigators "cut" us.  Which means they don´t want our visits anymore.  So that was pretty fun stuff.. but hey it´s good too! We will use our time more wisely now. 

We have a baptism marked for this Saturday..  Eliane.  Everyone please add her to your prayers because yeah. She didn´t pass her first interview, and I´m really worried about this week. BUT prayers are powerful :D

For a spiritual thought... yesterday in Relief Society the subject was about blessings and how many times we forget how BLESSED we are.  We think more about our neighbors/co-workers life etc, than our own.  But the purpose of the lesson was to show that in reality we are all very very blessed by a loving Heavenly Father.

I´d like to challenge each of you to, for a moment, to forget about alllllll the things you´d like to change, and think about the things you are grateful for in your life.

*don´t read on until you´ve thought of at least 3 things ;) *

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

How do you feel?  more happy?? More relaxed??  Definitely not stressed or angry, huh?

On my mission here I have journal. It´s called, "Sister Councill´s livro de Milagres" (which is incorrect Port grammar btw) or Sister Councill's book of miracles. Everyday I write at least 1 miracle that happened that day. I like to think of miracles as 'tender mercies.' A miracle doesn´t have to be a huge thing, for me it´s when you recognize a blessing in your life and recognize that it came from Heavenly Father.

Yall, I know that every single day we have tender mercies/blessings/miracles that happen.  The hard party is having the eyes to recognize. But like everything else, practice and prayer will help. As we pray for the eyes to see, and really LOOK, we´ll recognize the blessings in our lives; we´ll be grateful; we´ll be HAPPY.

xo Sister Councill

No comments:

Post a Comment