Saturday, October 29, 2016

Week 17 oi meu amigos!!!

October 24, 2016

HI everyone!

I love you all lots!!!! This last week was super good! And I´m super happy here in Guarapuava, Brasil!!! (I don´t have a ton of time left to email, so sorry this will be a little bit shorter than normal)


What happened this last week... MY FIRST BAPTISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHK. Literally one of the happiest moments of my life. I definitely started crying when they entered the baptismal font. My heart just bursted with happiness because I know how much their life will be blessed because of their decision.  *happy tears*  They- Elizandro and Paula- are so wonderful.  I know they will be life-long converts.  I can already feel their testimonies!

Funny story: one day this week we made a contact and the woman asked my companion where she was from, and proceeded to say that my companion had a foreign accent, and I didn't! hahahahahaha yeah I wish that were actually true... maybe in 9 months!

So last week I had the goal to be more aware of, and grateful for the daily miracles that I have everyday.  I bought a little journal to write down the miracles everyday.  This week they ranged from being able to talk about mine-craft (in Portuguese don't forget) to a 7 year old for about 30 minutes, to having 2 baptisms.  Miracles range from all sorts of degrees!!! I realized the other day as I was walking up a super steep hill, in the sun, that I had a smile on my face.  And I thought "huh. Why am I smiling right now?? I´m tired, hot, and super hungry."  I was smiling because I wasn´t thinking about those things. I was thinking about the tender mercies, or MIRACLES, that God has blessed me with. 

I really know that God blesses, and wants to bless His children- US- and He blesses us MORE when we are grateful for what He has already given us.  I have felt that this week.  

I know that God loves each of us.  I know that Christ lives. E eu sei que a Igreja de Jesus Cristo Dos Santos Dos Ultimos Dias é o UNICO Igreja verdaderia. 

COM MUITO MUITO MUITO AMOR,

xo Sister Councill

No comments:

Post a Comment